Tuesday 12 November 2013

And then, The Fat Lady Sings. (Week 11 and 12)

So this is it, my last TWC Blog. And sitting awake, at 12. 44 am in the morning, I am trying to find the right words to say to make this blog count. But then I realise, that this subject is such that it does the fascinating and interesting part itself. Which is why I am just going to summarise the presentations and let do the words do the talking. 

This blog is a collaboration of week 11 and 12. In the past two weeks, it had been reversal of roles, as we were the ones teaching, while Prof. listened and learnt. There were a total of eight presentations. Given below is a short summary of each one. 

1. Futuristic Buildings: This group focused on the future use of technology in creating buildings of tomorrow, its implications, drawbacks, advantages and feasibility. I think they did work hard and did some goo research. 

2. Clean Energy: This is probably one of the most elaborate presentations I have ever seen. They did very intensive research which was in great detail. I think they did a good job on content, but were lacking a bit on presentation. However, still an interesting topic. 

3. Nanotechnology: This was a very engrossing presentation which was well researched and well presented. This group covered the past, present and future of nanotechnology. 

4. Mind-controlled Prosthetics: I think this was a very futuristic topic, which had the scope for doing the most good to all people and had in numerous benefits to offer. 

5. Transhumanism- This topic was similar to the previous one (4.) but went a little further in considering the ethical implications of creating a separate type of advanced humans.

6. Food: Our Future- This was another interesting topic which dealt with world poverty and possible solutions which could be implemented through the use of technology. They validated all their points with good research and were very innovative in their approach to the topic. 

7. Advertising and Sexuality- This was done by my group. We studied the science of knowledge and went deeper to reveal how sexuality in the media has progressed over time, considering the past, the methodology, implications and future considerations. I do believe that our group did a good job and we did have fun exploring a rather different and interesting topic and applying everything we have learnt. 

8. Virtual Reality- This is another topic which is more based on the future. Its an upcoming technology which could change the way we operate and communicate. This could benefit so many companies and individuals all over the world. 

And with that not only did we conclude our TWC presentations, we also concluded our TWC class. Summarising  this class in a few words will be hard. But all I can say is I have thoroughly enjoyed this class and have learnt a lot from it. I do hope that I can continue to apply everything I have learnt in this class all through my life. 

Im going to miss this class :( Thank you to Prof. Shahi and Victor, my TA for making this course worthwhile. Also a big thanks to all my classmates for being a part of this journey of understanding. I really did learn a lot and am very thankful.

Ratings for TWC- 10/10

Always waiting for the Viral to hit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment